View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 10:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanator90 View Post
Hey guys,

My latest setback was about 4 months ago, and the headaches have just not improved since then. Before that I had numerous setbacks and was just unable to string together enough good days. It's excruciating now. I'm about 11 months since the initial concussion.

I am wondering if people have gone on to recover after more than a year long wait. The last 4 months have been terrible and I am just wondering if recovery on average continues on after even this long a time??

I know each concussion is different. But, it would give me hope to know that people have gone on to recover after similarly long periods of time.

Thanks so much.
Well, 5 years out and finally getting proper treatment. Issues that don't resolve spontaneously need to be resolved by other means.

I went from a neurologist that insisted that I had "no pain receptors in my brain" to an ENT who prescribed topamax as a first step in resolving the headaches. He explained that the Topamax was to tolerate the treatment of the underlying cause of the headaches (vestibular malfunction in my case) and he wouldn't consider me done with treatment until I was off of the medication. This is a doctor with extensive experience with brain injured people.

Some things will never be the same and we will have to find ways to work around our deficits and move on other things we just have to keep looking for answers until we find them. The good news is that there is ongoing studies on all aspects of mTBI so even what we thought we had to live with is being looked at in new ways all the time.
GillianGillian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hermanator90 (03-23-2016), JBuckl (03-23-2016)