View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 03:38 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Dystonia, right leg and foot

Guys I need help tonight ASAP. Anyone diagnosed with dystonia? My right leg has been so spastic for the last 6 weeks that I am beside myself. I'm maxed out on both Baclofen and Valium and took an ambien to sleep but the rippling contractures are so agonizing I can't even lay down. The neurologist I saw today suggested it is either caused or exacerbated by the bipolar med I take, Geodon. I only take 60 mg. He added in cogentin but wants me to consider going to lithium. I find it odd if it is med related that 7 months after I started Geodon, the dystonia started.
My question is, I work retail part time. Am on full disability due to EDS, but need the income from work... I have to be into work in 6 hours and have no idea how I will be able to tolerate standing for 6 hours without a break. I have called out due to this same issue before so if I call out again I'll be fired. Should I just go on and resign? I've been putting employment apps in to careers where I will not have to be on my feet all day.
Also, is there ANYTHING I can try to relieve the pain and spasms? Oh, also, I have had cervical dystonia in the past. Any physical exertion makes my leg so much worse.
Thanks so much
Linzlovestodance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote