View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Ah, my dear faithful old NT pals...you've kept in touch while others have left--so many others!!
I've been AWOL this month due to the fact that we spent 21 days in Hawaii and didn't want to use the wifi offered. So many peoples' laptops have been hacked that way that we stayed off. I used my phone to keep in touch on FB, but we were running low on data so I reduced that as well.

So, now I am catching up. It is sad that so many have left our little village here. I got so much information and support from these types of boards when I was first dxd. And so much laughter!! People like Sally kept my spirits up and kept me going when I just wanted to crawl into bed and pull the covers up over my head.

We all have been through a lot over the years. And I hope we can continue to check in at least weekly. I still need to hear about Kitty's kitties, Doydie's challenges with her husband's health issues, Barb's new house, her niece growing into an even more beautiful young woman, as well as praying for her dear sister.

And I of course check in daily, even if I don't post, just to keep up with my dear SalPal. Sally, you have been like a sister to many of us, supporting us, informing us, and giving us a chuckle that we so sorely need.

I am sorry that you are in a more confining living circumstance. I think you should either write a blog about aging, or a book. Your voice is so special-a mixture of reality and humor, with a dose of compassion and wisdom that young people need to hear.

Anyway, we had a wonderful time in Paradise. We vegged most of the time, but did take a couple of drives. One to a winery, where we tasted pineapple wine (yuck) and had an elk burger (totally yummy).

We had 1/2 day of rain--the other 20 days were sunny and warm. There were quite a few days of strong winds causing 12 ft waves. DH was crazy enough to attempt to go into the surf and got carried back about 30 feet:roll eyes: He thinks he is still 12...

I got another blood clot on the way over on the plane due to an 8 hour flight and messing up my anticoagulant med schedule. After a couple of days of getting back on track it dissipated, but I was scared for a bit.

We got back early yesterday morning and so far the leg seems fine...fingers crossed.
My new knee recovered just fine and I was able to exercise and take nice walks. I feel so blessed!!

Now it's back to a stack of bills and the everyday drama of the kids' lives. I missed my doggy so much and he was in heaven when he came back from his brother's house. I caught up on sleep after an hour of sleep the night before (I was instructed to get up hourly on the plane-made for a long overnight trip).

I'm glad to be back-not home, but here at NT
barb02 (04-03-2016), Darlene (03-25-2016), Kitty (03-23-2016)