View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 11:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca71 View Post
I've had bad nights before, but usually by 3 am I can crash. Usually I can take the Percocet early (i.e. at 3 hours) and that will at least knock me out. This time no. I was in so much pain. I couldn't even sit in bed and read. Tears just kept running down my face.

I can't take this. All I have is Percocet for the pain and it isn't helping. The burning is climbing up my leg... I'm so tired. And then lying down brings on the reflux too.
I haven't slept through an entire night in over 5 years. Like you, the tears have flowed way too many times. Does your Pain Management doctor know about the extreme pain that you are in and your inability to sleep?

Hang in there. I know that that sounds shallow and of little help, but many of us at this site have been where you are, and we will be there again. Hang in there! Hopefully, your pain will provide you a break from it's intensity soon. May I ask if you have a CRPS Pain breakout kit? Mine is not much but here is what I use:

1. Eye Mask to eliminate all light

2. My Favorite Music Selections available on 2 Channel Stereo or with wireless bluetooth earbuds. Sometimes I crank it just to block out the pain (cranked it too loudly a couple of times. I had to learn my lesson) Other times I need the music to be soft and relaxing

3. Pain Patch

4. Votaren Gel

5. Lots of Liquid to drink

6. Snacks (I try to keep it healthy, but when my pain is over the top, there are times I just go for the junk)

7. Food

8. Elevation Pillows

9. Pain Meds

10. Deck of Cards

11. Chess Board (Can't win, but who cares? It's the distraction that counts)

12. Other things to keep me occupied. Sometimes the distraction is enough to bring down my pain a tad.

13. A nice hot bath

"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (03-28-2016), Littlepaw (03-23-2016), PurpleFoot721 (03-23-2016), St George 2013 (03-25-2016)