View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 12:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Keep this documented and call your PM if you have one. We all have nights like this, some of us it seems like it is every night. All of what Spike mentioned is very good. On my bad nights, I will keep my legs elevated, keep the room as dark as possible, work on deep breathing exercises, and listen to something calming, for me it could be music at times, others it would be white noise. Different things work for different people. Some days they just do not work though.

Percocet is not the greatest for pain medication with CRPS. It can mask the pain at times, but being an opiate, causes Glial Cell activity which causes more inflammation and pain. Unfortunately, a lot of PMs will resort to using opiates to treat the pain, mine included. I will admit, they do seem to help. I tried reducing mine down, to try to get off of them completely, as I did not think they were helping, but found out that yes they were helping.

I think I read that your spouse was taking LDN for a while. Try bringing that up with your doctor again. It would mean that you will have to have the Percocet out of your system, but many here swear by it. There are also meds like Gabapentin and Amatrityline or Nortrityline. They not only help with nerve pain, but can help with sleep as well. Again, it works for some, but not for others.

I know from your other posts how much you have going on in your life right now. You need your sleep. Try to find something that works for you.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (03-23-2016), BioBased (03-24-2016), Littlepaw (03-23-2016), St George 2013 (03-25-2016)