View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 04:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default new localized wheeze

Hello! has anyone had this happen?

A year ago I noticed a wheeze, only in my left lung base (NEVER had asthma or a wheeze in my life).. i had just had a cold, so i thought it was from that.. it persisted for about 3 months (no wheezing elsewhere in my lungs).. so I saw my dr who did a CTA to make sure no blood clot.. it was read as fine ... honestly I was mostly worried about some obstructive mass, as I have LEMS sx.. so they monitor me pretty closely..

anyhow.. that was about 8 -9 months ago.. it persisted.. but mild.., and recently I have been going through quite a wicked flare of my rheumatologic problems (joint aches, pleurisy, muscle aches, oral ulcers.. fatigue and fun).. and I have noticed the wheezing is more persistent and more pronounced.. again only in my left lung base... INSPIRATORY only..

what could this be? I don't have an unusual cough, didn't aspirate food or anything.. but this wheeze remains in that left lung base.. of course it worries me... I'll make an apt with my doc again.. but in the mean time.. I'm curious if this happened to anyone.. I am not thinking its related to the MG.. but y'all are so knowledgable and several of you have other autoimmune conditions too ... yuck!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote