Thread: Glenntaj
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 08:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyM View Post
Hey glenn. I had the skin biopsy. My numbers put me above the low normal range but they didn't look great. probably less than 20th in the thigh and calf. As you've said on other posts...who knows where I was at before all this. They want to do a tap for completeness sake. Cant say im thrilled about doing a test like that that is likely to be normal.

If offered would you have tried steroids or IvIg at the time?

How do you distinguish between pain from nerve damage and from regrowth?

Did you ever have other paresthesias? I feel like water is splashed on me from time to time when it clearly hasnt.

When you say you have flares? what do you mean? pain? is it related to stress or sickness or just random? is the pain like when u 1st got sick?
Do you find that you attributed feelings that may have been normal as abnormal since you were hyper aware of all body sensations?

Did you take supplements? sometimes I feel like they make my symptoms worse... probably just random.

Sorry about the barrage of questions.
Hi there. Just was reading with interest both of your symptoms which are really similar to mine. I have had some sort of neuropathy for 8-9 months with initial symptoms of burning in my toes and fingers which seems to have got a little bit better.

But more recent I have had like a dull ache in my ankle bones, my acromion joints and occasionally elbows. The ankle ache is always followed within about 5 minutes by a burning pain in my toes like gout almost and big toe. I have had all of the blood testing and a nerve biopsy and the neurologist has discharged me as having an idiopathic or viral neuropathy.

I have been really concerned about the ankle pain too but have found that voltaren is actually helping but I don't want to take it for a long period. I am now going to see a musculoskeletal expert to rule out that side of things. All the best and try not to lose sleep with worrying. I am learning to live with it and the flare ups seem to be very slowly lessening.
kazzak21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote