View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 08:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
I took my first dose last night, 100 mg. I felt really weird this morning and it took a while for me to wake up. But I'm on spring break so no biggie. I went for a 7 mile jog at the park. I felt a bit sluggish, BUT and this is a big but my feet did not curl under and my legs kept a normal gait. It was pretty darn awesome. Starting to have some mild burning and that sensation of having feet made of broken glass this afternoon. Doc wanted me to take two doses today. Probably won't do that for a while. As of now, gabapentin gets a high rating from me. Hoping that I am able to continue using it without any severe side effects.
I'm glad to hear it's helping. None of us want to be on medication if we don't absolutely have to. But gabapentin is certainly not the worst.

For me, the drowsiness moderates once you get used to your dosage. Actually, I don't mind that aspect - it helps me sleep through the night very soundly, but I'm still awake during the day. And, I travel by car a lot for work so that is important for me. Obviously, use the lowest effective dose, and move up as necessary based on your symptoms. The typical does is 1800/day and some go as high as 3600/day. I was on 1800, then backed down to 1500 but below that symptoms get much worse.
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (03-25-2016)