View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 12:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Just updating for my records and to let everyone know where we are on this long journey.

Tuesday we finally got the funds together for the genetic testing. The three test were organic acids, amino acids urine test, comprehensive fatty acids test. However the nurse explained that the geneticists used these test in a different way than traditional. Not sure what that means but now we wait.

Dd12 is doing PT 2x a week and OT 1x a week. I am glad it helps to get her moving but otherwise does not seem to be having any affect on the pain. Symptoms are mostly the same. All over pain focused in neck, head, shoulder, wrists, hands and occasionally ankles and feet. Chronic fatigue, nausea. Light headed, dizziness and feeling faint.

She had her first appointment with Psychologist today. Just evaluation but she did set her an appointment with Child Psychiatrist and said Dr. would definitely want PCP to order medical testing to rule out multiple disorders before they would dx as mental issue. In the meantime Psychologists will be working on Cognitive Behavior Therapy with her and helping her deal with pain and anxiety from it. So, a tiny step forward but still no relief in sight for her. Nothing eases her pain and PCP is not willing to try anything stronger for pain so she suffers. She said to me the other day that she just didnt know how much longer she can take this. Will update again when I have more to tell. Thanks for listening and any advice.

ETA - We have appointment in couple weeks with new PCP that is a DO to see if we will switch to him. I know we will be switching from our current PCP but need to make sure we find the right one first.

Last edited by thowell; 03-24-2016 at 01:09 PM.
thowell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-25-2016)