View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Everything you have written is identical to my situation including the symptoms, surgery performed (except I did not have pec released), medicines tried, and nerve study result. I recently went to Johns Hopkins where they did MRN of brachial plexus and another nerve study. My suprascapular nerve is "chronic abnormal" although that was released seven years ago with no change. The MRN showed nothing but muscle atrophy and some scarring. I also had one of the supposed top surgeons (Pearl) and even had the 2nd surgery to remove scar tissue which did nothing. I only did this because the initial TOS surgery somehow gave me significant relief for a couple of months. Initial surgery was in 2012 and scar removal in 2014.

I am currently taking Opana ER (morphine) but I am thinking seriously about going through the withdrawal steps and doing without as it really does not help. About the only medicine I have not tried is one of the tricyclic antidepressants like Nortriptyline. They suppossedly have significant side effects but it may be worth a try from things I read.

The stuff you mentioned about hormone replacements sounds interesting. Please keep me posted. Feel free to PM me as well.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote