View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Personally I have experienced far too many nights like that. There are a few things I have found that personally help me and some of them have already been listed.

Elavil/amitriptyline works well for many people, myself included. But it is technically an antidepressant so it may not work for you. Is it all antidepressants or certain types? I also take melatonin to help with sleep and it is already produced by our bodies. I have tried Benedryl in the past and it sometimes works for me in a pinch. Doctors have even prescribed Benedryl for sleep because it works and has minimal interactions.

If you decide to do an over the counter medication please check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure there are no interactions.

One thing I have found helpful is to download apps for relaxation and medications. I use these for sleep and try to use them during my flares as well.

The only other thing I can think of to try and keep a bedtime routine. I know it sounds weird but I have seen it work for others.

Sweet dreams (hopefully)!
NurseKris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (03-26-2016), PurpleFoot721 (03-26-2016)