View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Ivander,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

You could have a visual problem that needs a work-up by a behavioral optometrist. Check out https://nora.cc/healthcare-locator.html to find a local opto. Check out the various optometrists. Some are experts. Others are generic optos with an interest in behavioral optometry.

You also may need a vestibular assessment.

I suggest you give up on gaming until ALL of your other symptoms are recovered. Save you visual energy for computer work. Reducing visual clutter and movement on the screen may help. In fact, reducing sensory stimulation (visual and sound) may enable you to do more computer time for your studies. The injured brain has a limited bandwidth for sensory stimulation after a concussion. In time, you should see some improvement.

But, if you have a vision issue, it needs to be treated. It can make life miserable and put a serious visual processing load on your brain.

Many have subtle upper neck injuries that contribute to their symptoms. A gentle chiropractor or physical therapist can help mobilize the vertebra but you will need to maintain good sleeping posture for months for the ligaments to heal/tighten to maintain good alignment. Poor posture while sleeping/resting can cause inflammation that interrupts blood flow to the brain and causes neck muscle spasms that contribute to headaches. It can also interrupt your ability to get the quality sleep your brain needs.

So, there are lots of things to consider/investigate.

You still have plenty of opportunities to recover.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ivander1992 (03-26-2016)