View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 08:29 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

oh yeah! I did not have the shots but a little over one year ago (January 2015) I had a bad flare up from my spondylolethesis L4/5. I was put on a Medrol pack which is a steroid. I couldn't even finish the 6 day dose. I started to get very depressed, total lack of appetite, NO SLEEP and racing heart. Physical therapy wouldn't touch me because my BP and pulse was too high. My doctor put me on BP meds to bring it down. even after I was finished with the steroid, I kept having the horrible side effects that my doctor kept telling me was impossible because I am no longer taking the steroid. I did some research of others that have gone through this from the Medrol pack and they said it took months to clear out of their system. With that being said...my body slowly started to regain normalcy but it took a good 6 months. I still have some residual effects that will probably never go away. I now have heart palpations and had an irregular EMG which i had never had before taking this steroid. Yes...I thought that was very strange that they gave you 4 injections as it is usually 3/year but I've heard of them giving all at one time or spreading them out over a year. It does sound like you are suffering from a steroid overdose and like you...I also had a hysterectomy about 5 years ago. I feel your pain but know that it should get better with time. Drink plenty of water to help your body flush out the toxins and eat clean. if you're able to exercise, do it. I am an ex-fitness instructor and I am now restricted to the pool but must say I get some darn good workouts in it. I do deep water jogging, swim on my back and an aqua Pilates class that all seem to help. There are many natural anti-inflammatories you can take...Zyflamend by New Chapter is excellent and physicians at Mayo Clinic have advised a few of my friends to take this, as in me, they cannot stomach anti-inflammatories. There are also some prescription anti-inflammatories that are transdermal and much easier on the stomach and much less goes systemic in your system...Flector Patch and Voltaren Gel. My PM doctor was really ****** that my GP put me on the pack because of all the systemic side effects. I did the transdermal anti inflammatories for about a year but had to quit as they eventually got to my stomach. I am now on a low dose gabapentin (only take a night before bed) for nerve pain and several natural anti-inflammatories. I am looking at minimally invasive fusion in the near future as my spondy is mobile, not stable. Hang in there, things should get better. I hope this gave you some insight.
rose13437 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (03-29-2016)