View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 08:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hope everyone is doing well, I haven't been on as much as I would have liked Between watching the GB and getting a massive spasm in my back that sent me to the hospital... I'm really limited in the time I have to sit and chat. I'm off to the doctor again today since the spasm has left me with several symptoms of shock over the past week and I'm not sure that it didn't break something LOL.

But enough whining and cheesing from me. Just as we were mourning the death of one of our dear mollies from our tank. We found that his spirit will live on as there are now about ten baby mollies swimming around . I have no idea what we're going to do with the babies. I really hope my father decides to get a fish tank up again, then I can just drop the babies off with him rather than flushing them which just seems wrong to kill living fish. If they pass on to the other side and need the great flush that's one thing, but to kill them just because they'll over populate the tank otherwise... that's another matter entirely.

Especially since they look just too too cute. Their father was a tuxedo mollie and their mother a Dalmatian mollie so they alternate between to the two traits but it seems all of them have a white belly which the tuxedo mollies don't have. Of course that may change as they grow up, right now they are just tiny little fry, and they even have their black sheep of the fry group who is just black as night and hard to distinguish from the gravel we have in the tank excepting the little streak of white on his/her belly. Needs to get just a little bit bigger to start sexing them out.

And I tried so hard to prevent pregnancy in my tank, well okay I didn't look closely enough at the fish we bought from the store to see, little boy, little girl, but I did pick up a Betta who I thought would harass them just enough to prevent them from having babies. Unfortunately our Betta named Toothless by the GB seems to truly be toothless and spineless and instead of harassing the other fish, he's more interested in playing nanny to the fry. My animals never seem to match what is supposed to be their true natures, I always seem to end up with the weirdos.

Which reminds me I have to go and switch the laundry now so the GB can have her dress to wear that match our little puppycat's bandana. Neither one of them like having the particular article of clothing removed. Our cat will get up in a huff when we take off his bandana and will jump right up in the lap and start head butting us when he sees us pick it up, and the GB will cry and scream and shriek as soon as you try taking her dress off and will try to snatch it away to wear if she sees it. Who would have thought that 2 $1 bandanas could cause such household strife. And even though she has a bunch of other clothes made by the exact same pattern, she'll argue that she can't wear them and will cry when you try to dress her in anything but her matching Snowcap dress.

Well hope everyone had a Happy Easter! And I'll try not to be such a stranger.
barb02 (04-03-2016), Blessings2You (03-29-2016), Darlene (03-29-2016), Kitty (04-11-2016)