View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 01:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Brutal Weekend...

At a loss. Went for a family lunch over the weekend and man, symptoms worse than ever. On the drive there I was also experiencing serious symptoms, including partially losing vision/seeing black spots everywhere and having to pull over for a few minutes, feeling as though I could pass out. Upon arriving to the restaurant, symptoms were terrible. I could not focus, as all of the noise, lighting, etc were causing extreme sensitivities, to the point where I held my head down for several minutes in front of the whole family and closed my eyes. The symptoms lasted a full hour with no break in between and thought I would have to leave.

Lately when the symptoms come on, I feel as though it is something very serious. As though I am having a stroke and could lose conciseness and maybe not wake up again. I feel an intense flooding in my brain, where I get very faint and lightheaded, have a hard time hearing and vision sometimes gets spotty (black spots, etc). My symptoms are definitely injury related and not anxiety. I rarely feel anxious, until symptoms come on strong. I have always been completely comfortable with my family.

I am wondering if there is something significant that I should be getting tested for? It feels as though I am not receiving enough blood to my brain and it's about to shut off. My neck has very much been acting up again too the past few days, which I know may be the culprit. The symptoms are unbearable and overwhelming, to the point of feeling like I need to go to the hospital immediately.

I have had 2 CT's, MRI, etc over 2 years ago and ruled everything out on that end, but have an appt this week with my GP and wondering if I should be reviewing other options/tests to further rule things out? I feel deathly ill in these instances and although I try to avoid them, sometimes still do them and pay the price.

Are there x-rays, etc that I should be looking at for upper cervical issues? I did have an upper neck x-ray completed around 2 years ago, nothing visible and everything looked 'normal.' I have not been able to get very much info out of docs on this. Would another MRI be of any benefit as a follow up? I do not want to receive anymore CT radiation and will be avoiding.
randomguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote