View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 01:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
Thank you bluesfan for this information. I just sent them an email.

Have you used the products or do you know anyone who has? I ask because I just read on a website (http://survivingantidepressants.org/...e-supplements/) that the company you buy the products needed for withdrawal is Neuro Genetic Solutions, who manufactures all The Road Back's supplements. Its president is Jim Harper, owner of The Road Back. What gets me is them stating ,""The Road Back does not sell these supplements." I hate when organizations are deceptive and that's what it feels like to me. Or maybe the organization that is outing them is the deceptive one. It's so hard to know anymore!

Regardless, I will definitely use the free information and I am glad to have it.
Sorry pinkynose - I didn't know about the connection to the supplement sales. I did wonder about "The Road Back" self-hype as being a little OTT so maybe that fits with the supplement pitch. Hopefully the information is still useful, as is that given by other NT members here.

I personally haven't used the products - so far I haven't had any medications likely to produce withdrawal symptoms. (I'm not permitted to take opiate medications due to interactions with the steroids I'm on for managing Addison's).

Your thread interested me because I have been offered gabapentin for neuropathy pain - to date I've refused it for several reasons: The side-effects; it's addictive; I have so few options for pain relief that I wanted to keep it in reserve for when the pain became unbearable and I have adverse reactions to several meds so I may not even be able to take it.

At present I'm researching Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as an option - if I can get my endo's approval.

Let us know how you do on your taper and what you find works for you. All the best for a smooth ride and we're here to support you along the way.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pinkynose (03-28-2016)