View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 10:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Out of Balance

Hi there,
I'd like to thanks Mrs. D and everyone that posts their information here. It is all very helpful. I am a 57 year old male, that is in very good shape. I go to the gym twice a week, steer clear of Micky D's and never smoked. I do take a couple pills for epilepsy which has been fully controlled for 6 years. I was diagnosed with colon cancer in 11/14. I went through radiation and chemo and then had operation in 2/15. I carried a colonoscopy bag for 6 months and then had another operation to have my "plumbing" reconnected. I was very lucky. I was not sick one day or did not lose any hair. I lost 20 pounds though, which is a lot for me because I only weigh 155 to start with.
Ok, my question, I started to notice about 5-6 years ago a slight limp. I thought it was from an accident I had when I was younger and broke my femur and hip. It has slowly gotten worse over the past years. I said something to my Neurologist and he sent me to Washington University in St. Louis,MO and they did all of their tests but could not find a cause for the neuropathy.
I walk flat footed and my balance is shot now. My blood test showed b12 was 286 so I started taking 5000mcg one a day. I eat a bowl of cereal at 6:30am, go to work and then take my pill at 9:30 or 10:00. My feet never burned like some people say. Mine just tingled. I started taking the
b12 at Thanksgiving and now I don't have any tingling and can feel the bottom of my feet again. The one thing that is really strange is that my left calf is very cold. Well, both feet are cold too, but the calf is cold even after coming back from the gym.
It has taken several years for my feet to get in this bad of shape, so I know it will take a while for them to heal themselves.
Gene

Last edited by Geneo76; 03-29-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Geneo76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-29-2016)