Thread: ANA results
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 04:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default ANA results

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone out there can give me more information.
Last April I suffered a severe heart attack and found out that i had actually suffered a few of them. As a result I suffered some heart damage and my function was down to 25%, we did manage to bring my function up to 30% but ended up having a defibrillator implanted in August. A day after it was installed, one of the leads had perforated the heart wall and had to be redone. When I woke up from the surgery I felt that I had a pinched nerve in my neck which the Dr's ignored.
For the next month I was on pain killers and couldn't lay on my left side. Finally I was able to lay on my left side but things were still not correct with continued pain in my neck and shoulder areas. I went to a chiropractor but with no results so I have finally visited my GP. He feels I have a connective tissue disorder and ran a number of test, one of these was an ANA test that came back with a positive result of Speckled 1:640 (A).
I have an appointment with a rheumatologist however this isn't until the end of April so I'm hoping someone here might have some information.
I should also mention that in about 2008 I was tentatively diagnosed with Ocular Myesthenia gravis due to some vision issues. This took about a year to clear up but I haven't had any issues with this since.

Thanks for any input.
Whitecap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote