View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 11:16 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
A PS: It's about the need for circulation, getting our blood circulating...that's a major reason too that I'm going to work on self needling...I have no fear as I've had good results with acupuncture for years and just can't afford to go often etc. etc. Acupuncture gets the circulation going. I wear a magnetic knee support most of the day and change to a lighter support later in day...think I'll do some peddling. There is a lot of info on self acupuncture.
Do you know how many people I know with RA, Sciatica, etc, who are in absolute agony and take all these meds and I say "Listen, I have sciatica, osteoarthritis, etc, etc, and I know we have to MOVE every day. Move our joints, lubricate our joints, eat good food, etc. etc.

They all look at me like I'm nuts and eat donuts. And they do not move.

I climb stairs all the time (I live on the second floor). Would this have been my choice to move here? Of course not but it was available so I had no choice. Tomorrow morning I am going to begin a journey of exercise for this man starting before he gets out of bed.

I built a sort of Couch cane. I took two of his canes and duct taped them together to make this sort of assist cane thing (this will have to do until I can get the real Couch Cane). He practices going from the couch to the computer, to the bathroom. Our apartment is very small but he still has to walk around some. Maybe tomorrow, if he's able, I'll get him down stairs (where we have another walker locked up). We'll go for a walk. He needs to do this.

Very hard on me.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote