View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 08:19 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I'm not going to say that there isn't truth in what this person wrote, but it was sanctimonious and harsh. You live a respectful life Bizi- **** them.

I don't think you'll be able to moderate your drinking in the long term in the same way as someone who has never had an alcohol problem, but you can find success with what you're trying to do now by restricting your drinking to certain days, and taking AF holidays like you have in the past, but you're going to have to periodically hit the reset button.
If you get better med control over your bp, it would make things a lot easier. If you continue to drink, that is the only thing that has the potential to change the dynamics because you binge when you cycle.

I've thought about going back through my iCal and counting all the appointments I've had just to estimate the money I've spent on cab fare since I've lost my license. I'll add that to the cost of the fine, mandatory classes, and evaluations…
Tomorrow I'll give you an estimate of how much my DUI has cost us so far, so when you go out you can just keep it in mind. I know you won'y D/D on purpose, sometimes it's hard to tell. You seem really concerned about it… maybe that number will help remind you to be extra cautious?

It seems like this has really been weighing heavily on your mind for a while, and you've been very hard on yourself. When do you see your new therapist/ substance abuse counselor again?
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-30-2016), Dmom3005 (03-30-2016), mymorgy (03-30-2016)