Thread: ANA results
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My apology

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
There are two parts to an anti-nuclear antibody (ANA) test.

The first is the titre - the larger this number, the more anti-nuclear antibodies are present in the blood. Yours (1:640) is high. The second is the staining pattern of your anti-nuclear antibodies in the nuclei of your cells - that is what "speckled" means.

An abnormal ANA test suggests but is not necessarily diagnostic of an autoimmune disease - systemic lupus erythematosus is a possibility though there are others. Your rheumatologist will probably want to discuss other investigations when you see him/her.

This general information about ANA tests might help you in preparation for your meeting with the rheumatologist; http://www.medicinenet.com/antinucle...dy/article.htm.
Dear kiwi,

My sincere apology of my post "adding" false positives in my comment. You DID mention that and I just read too fast to notice.

So I highlighted it in the quote to emphasize my sincere apology for my addition that was NOT an "addition".

I should have realized when it was a post from you, that you would not have overlooked mentioning it.

Thanks again for the great explanations that you always provide in your postings.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (03-30-2016)