View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 01:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Angry Flying With Constant Dizziness/Vertigo

Hey all,

I have a question about flying. I know this topic has been discussed on here before, but it seems more geared to concerns about flights increasing headaches. I am more concerned about flying increasing dizziness. I'll give a little background on my current status:
My headaches aren't too bad, but i am CONSTANTLY dizzy, and lately my dizziness has been pretty pronounced (usually about a 6/7 out of 10). I have been undergoing vestibular therapy for about 6 months, which helped a lot with the dizziness, but after I stopped going for a month all my vestibular problems came back again. I have a flight booked from NY to Florida this weekend. The flight is 3 hours and then I would have to drive 2 hours to my destination (my parents will be the ones driving, not me). A doctor has prescribed me 25 mg of Meclazene to mask the symptoms of dizziness, but I am afraid after it wears off I'll feel awful. I am only planning on laying on the beach for 5 days and resting, no big adventures! But still, I am afraid that if the flight makes me feel terrible I won't even get to enjoy the nice weather.
About a month ago, I attempted a 3 hour car ride to Philly and after about 2 hours I started to feel very heavy all over my body and in my head, my headache, nausea, and dizziness were all 10/10. It literally felt like I had the flu and I couldn't even enjoy my trip I just stayed in my hotel room all weekend with the shades covered while the others had fun . The car ride back was a little better because I took dramamine and sat in the front seat.
Also, one more problem is I have very achy ears, which I think is due to my TMJD but could also be from inner ear issues, so I worry about my ears hurting during take-off/landing. I plan on chewing lots of gum, drinking a ton of water, and wearing airplane ear plugs to help with that.
Anyway, the question is: should I take the trip or should I skip it? Anyone have any similar experiences traveling with these symptoms? Any advice would be much appreciated!!

-Ashley (9 months strong in this PCS nightmare)
Mother of Dragons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote