View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 03:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Um, you do know that Neurontin can make MG worse, right?

If you combine the treatment for shingles with methylcobalamin B12, it will lessen the pain considerably. I hardly had tingling with my Shingles.

If you are still having pain from Shingles, then you might have nerve damage. Pain killers will help get rid of the pain, but they won't treat the underlying issue (damaged nerves). B12 will.

And Tylenol/acetaminophen is just as useful and won't harm your MG!

Just my thoughts.

Annie
I have been taking 1200 mg's of Gabapentin at night for several years. I was diagnosed with MG four years ago. I read on the internet that Gabapentin and MG is not a good combination, so I brought the subject up with my Neurologist. He said that he was unaware of any contraindications and that I could go ahead and continue with the Gabapentin. I am using the Gabapentin as a crutch to help me taper off of a Benzodiazepine, to which I am addicted (long story). It has been helpful. I have not noticed an increase in my MG symptoms as a result of taking Gabapentin, although in the morning I am a brain-fogged zombie until I can get about four cups of Peet's French Roast into my system. I'll stay the course. The "Benzo" has to go.
MarkSFO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote