Thread: Glenntaj
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default My B-complex--

--only has 25mg of the B's in each capsule for the most part, except for the lower B12 dosage (125 mcg; I take B12 lozenges separately).

I take R-lipoic acid at 50mg each day as many years ago I did have some acidic effects with a 600mg/day dose of alpha lipoic. R lipoic is the newer generation of lipoic composed of only the active racemic right handed molecules (the left handed ones that are equally present in alpha lipoic are not biochemically active in most bodies). The anecdotal evidence is that if one take R-lipoic one can take six to ten times less dosage to get a roughly equivalent effect, and that might well keep digestive issues minimal.

I have been suffering since March 15 with the "burning skin" as my son likes to say, but as I mentioned this time I think it is self induced due to weightlifting injury to the thoracic outlet/brachial plexus areas,, given my shoulder pain and spasm and the arm/upper chest/upper back distribution of the symptoms. Severity does seem at least somewhat correlated with position (at the computer is bad, of course) and degree of tightness in the scapular/latissimus areas. Given my history I do seem to be highly prone to compressive issues; when my small fibers regenerated to some extent I suspect they regenerated in different configurations than originally and probably have looped around or through a lot of tissue that can easily compress them. I am going back into Cornell Weill on April 8 to see if I can get some imaging done. In the meantime, no weighlifting and stretches suggested by our throacic outlet/repetitive stress injury crew.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote