View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 06:58 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

That sounds like an awful experience, Bizi It sounds like A LOT of anxiety…

You've been thinking a lot about your drinking lately… you want to moderate, but can't and probably feel out of control. You've also just come out of a manic episode where control was lacking. It's not surprising that you want to place control in other people's hand's temporarily and may not have as much faith in yourself as usual… you are probably feeling vulnerable right now because you have been through such a rough period

You're going through a lot of introspection, but it might be better if you have more support from your therapist right now because you're being extremely hard on yourself.

I often have major anxiety issues with anxiety during periods when I'm experiencing some kind of lack of control… major stressors of some kind. I know you take klonopin. How have you been using it?

It's important to treat the anxiety because it will make it easier to recognize symptoms of depression if they develop so you can get your meds adjusted before your mood gets too low. The last thing you need right now is to head from mania to depression.

I know that you love your work… I hope that everything goes smoothly and your skill and experience leaves you with more confidence in yourself today.

(((HUGS)))

Kay
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-01-2016), Dmom3005 (04-08-2016), mymorgy (04-01-2016), St George 2013 (04-01-2016)