Thread: Glenntaj
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 07:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thats funny. I wanted an appointment there next week but could only get one at the end of April. I see Dr Chin and he's out at a conference next week. I'm at the end of my diagnostic journey. Had the LP last week which was great fun. I think at this point theyre just going to treat me symptomatically ... he thinks it should go away on its own with time. It's amazing the options are so slim. Either do nothing, treat with drugs that just mask the symptoms (poorly) or try steroids which have major side effects and may not work and IVig which seems to just lessen symptoms.

Im sorry about your issues. Imaging of the brachial plexus will probably be low yield. Those MRI's usually are only positive if you have vascular compression or a tumor compressing on the nerves (which u dont have). They usually cant diagnose compression by muscles etc. You mentioned you have some c-spine issues. I'd say get them to write you a script for physical therapy. It's weird you have burning. usually radicular pain is more of a dull pain. how often to you goto cornell for you SFN? once a year at this point? maybe you should get another EMG. I think theyre going to throw me out of their practice (i've been really high maintenance!)

Thanks for the vitamin info. Its hard to tell if anything works or just has a placebo effect. at least they make me feel like im being proactive. Im hoping the warm weather improves things. I seem to be very sensitive to the cold.

Goodluck next friday.
mickeyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote