View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 02:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

An Update from me...

Went 61 days without a drink. Yesterday I went out with a couple of colleagues for lunch and we had a couple of pints each. I didnt feel any side effects and feel OK today. My symptoms have reduced by about 80% overall I feel since this started. Im not going to make the lunchtime beer a tradition, but I really wanted to "test the water" - Im not an alcoholic and never have been...but I was certainly taking it a bit too far on occasions with the social drinking.

I dont want to stop having the occasional drink with colleagues/friends, but will be severely reducing what I have compared to before. I also have an appointment booked with a neurologist in a couple of week to find out what these feelings are that im having.....if any tests confirm neuropathy I will avoid alcohol again entirely.

I feel a tad guilty saying that im back on the social drinking - even if it is at a level thats 70% down on what I used to do...but I guess that because I feel a fair bit better compared to when this first started, im more confident that I dont have neuropathy caused by alcohol.....

Time will tell......I hope youre all continuing to improve/staying stable. Those who are still counting that days up from their last drink, I applaud you and wish you the best
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (04-04-2016)