View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 04:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh my gosh. What an ordeal.

Maybe I am just way too naïve, but I just can't imagine how a medical professional could or would jump to the conclusion of "drug seeking" without any evidence of such, like blood work that indicated it, track marks that they talk about on TV, or anything to support jumping to such a conclusion so immediately.

I must admit that there probably ARE people like that but I think everyone should be taken seriously and treated. I am sure there must be ways for them to determine the difference between someone truly in need of relief from pain and differentiate them from those that are simply seeking drugs.

I am so angry FOR you. I am ready to go to the hospital administrator on your behalf.

I am not sure what I would do if I were in your shoes. I would probably want to try out some kick boxing on that doc, but like you said, you were in no position to even speak, much less take "corrective" action. That doc and nurse needs an attitude adjustment for sure.

I am so sorry you had such an awful experience and what you wrote is REALLY awful.

I am not sure I could just let it go after being home and better. I would have to do something,.... write a letter, report it to some one, something for sure.

I am sitting here thinking what would I do if I had been treated that way? I know I would be as angry as one can possibly get. I am so angry for you I can't even express it.

So, how are you feeling NOW? I sure hope you are feeling better physically.

I have never given any thought to the topic you have brought to light before reading your post. I realize that "drug addiction" is a big problem from what I hear on the news, but I think such over reaction, thinking EVERYONE that comes through the door is a drug addict seeking meds is not helpful to anyone.

If that doc had been of any quality, they should be able to determine by physical exam if someone is really in pain verses someone that is just seeking drugs.

I am rambling because I am so astounded by what you had to endure.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (04-02-2016), SallyC (04-15-2016), St George 2013 (04-03-2016), Starznight (04-02-2016)