View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 09:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Starznight,

Please don't get me started on the "electronic health record" or computer charting. My blood pressure can't take it. The disadvantages far outweigh the advantages in my opinion. I think I have ranted many times about it. And let's not even begin to mention how doctors have to fudge in their coding to get claims paid by insurance companies. Our electronic records become nothing more than check boxes of what NEEDS to be there to satisfy others, not a true depiction of our conditions or symptoms.

I totally agree with your post. I am really dating myself here, but I actually remember doctor's making "house" calls. And this was not in some little country town with Dr. Welby, this was in a BIG city.

I watched the downfall of medical care that began with the advent of the HMO many years ago. But I will stop here before I write a book on where and how medical care went sliding down a slippery hill.

Many times we think that there is nothing that can be done to change things and speaking out will get us nowhere, but if everyone would speak up, change will happen. You may not be the first to voice your concerns about your care, nor the last. Who knows how many others were treated in a similar manner by this physician. One thing I can say for sure is that if NO ONE speaks out, there will be no change.

There may have been patients prior to you that have spoken out and YOUR voice may be the tipping point to trigger change. If we all become complacent and say nothing, there is no reason for anything to improve. We MUST speak out.

And if nothing comes of it, at least you tried and had your say. Sometimes that at least will get some of it out of "your" system and put onto them.

Again, I am so truly upset about the care you deserved but did not get.

Wishing you much better care in the future and hoping you have a quick recovery from your recent need for emergency care. Hope your breathing is much better now.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (04-04-2016), SallyC (04-15-2016), St George 2013 (04-03-2016)