View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 02:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am sorry the visit to the ER went so poorly.

When you decided to go, what did you expect for the staff to do? How could they have helped you with your scary and real symptoms? Maybe the doctor needed to rule out something other than mega MS.

In terms of needing food to take with a certain drug, why didn't your mother or husband go to a vending machine and buy something to keep you from getting nauseous?

Also, why were you not seen by the neurologist? Did you know a neurologist is required to be on staff at the hospital?

My large spasms go into overdrive when I fall and hurt myself or when trigeminal neurolgia rears its ugly head. ERs can be crazy places on the weekends and it sounds like your hospital was insane. I remember the helpless feeling of the staff nurse as every twenty seconds I had to stop talking, wait out the pain and then begin to converse. Even though everyone knew Demerol would be the solution, it took hours to finally be prescribed.

I needed assistance to use the bathroom and could not have DH help since I was in one of the bed bays. We asked a few times but no one helped. My nurse was so upset to come in and find I had wet the bed. Not at me, at the attendant who never helped.

Again, what were your expectations going in to the ER? What did you specifically want them to do?
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jules A (04-15-2016), Kitty (04-04-2016), SallyC (04-15-2016)