View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 05:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I never had an ingrown toenail before CRPS, but I have battled them too many times now. Both sides of both big toes has been ingrown at least once and 3 of them twice.

I had an amazing podiatrist who did my surgery on my ankle that started the whole CRPS thing. I had him do the first one and that is the only one that did not grow back. I had waited so long I had a granuloma growing up and around the toenail and that was brutal. He did a block all around the toe and even gave me extra. I'm not going to lie it hurt but I was able to get through it.

Due to a health insurance change I could no longer go to him for the others. So I made the stupid mistake of going to an urgent care when I had both sides of one big toe. I actually filed a complaint on him. He ran a CBC and my white blood cells were normal indicating there was no infection. But he ordered IV antibiotics and after they ran in he told me the WBCs came back normal and he wanted me to come back for 4 more doses! I notified the board that he ordered extra tests and treatments in order to make more money.

The last 3 times I found a podiatrist that knew what he was doing and the procedures went well. He knew what CRPS was without me having to explain it so that made me feel better. The blocks that he did lasted several hours after the procedure.

It is definitely something you need to get taken care of as soon as possible. I admit I am surprised that they want to use general anesthesia. Personally I would weigh the pros and cons of each to see which is the best option. The other thing you may want to try and find a podiatrist that is familiar with CRPS.

I know how painful those stupid ingrown toenails can be so I hope you can get relief soon. Good luck and keep us posted!
NurseKris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-19-2016), St George 2013 (04-04-2016)