View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 06:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Hopeless,

Since you were kind enough to respond directly to me...

Respect. It is a word that requires a certain amount of perception and sometimes in retrospect, perceived slights can over time be understood as emotions gone extreme.

The ER doctors and staff do not necessarily know a patient well enough to prescribe medication like Oxycodone and could be sanctioned for not taking the appropriate steps to ensure the patient actually warrants a heavy narcotic.

And often, Meds like Oxycodone and Ambien are on a watch list flagged if a doctor or patient abuse. If I am not mistaken, addicts often go to a variety of pharmacies to avoid detection.

Expecting respect. It just seems a foggy perception rather than anything I can look at concretely. And from the amount of pain in Starz post, there seemed like a thin line between receiving good medical care and not being understood.

For example: when the doctor grabbed Starz and yelled, perhaps she had become unresponsive and the doctor was trying to pull her from lapsing into an unconscious state.

The ER was packed. People are not seen in order of when they come in but rather in the order of greatest need.

I was only hoping to help in cases of her expectations not being met and attempting to help people be their own best advocate.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jules A (04-15-2016), Kitty (04-04-2016), SallyC (04-15-2016)