View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 11:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Funny you should ask about that... Not too long ago it was being put out on the news about a patient being kicked out of the hospital for ordering food from the outside. In all fairness it was a patient who was hospitalized awaiting gastric bypass, only they had to wait for him to loose so much weight before he could have the surgery, and he did order himself a large pizza. So the hospital kicked him out, offended tons of folks.

But the hospital justified their decision based on their no outside food/drinks policies for their patients. And if you think about it.. If they're treating me thinking it's just a uti shouldnt restrict my diet right?... Except salt content... Moisture content... Sugar content.... What if it's really a sudden wheat sensitivity, or some other allergy. Remove the control on what the patient eats and drinks and they could be setting themselves up for various malpractice suits.

But at the same time, the nurses stations always used to have at least saltine crackers for nauseous patients, why couldn't she grab me a pack??? It doesn't need to be a lot of food with the pills, just something to keep the acids from demolishing the pills on contact and to slow up the ingesting process a bit.
Kitty (04-04-2016), SallyC (04-15-2016), St George 2013 (04-04-2016)