View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 10:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim091866 View Post
Stevem,

Please keep us updated. MRI scheduled??!! You better get me in there or there's gonna be some really loud complaining and you're not going to like it!

Hang in there!
Jim, the appointment is on June 3rd..I will have a reply by late on June 3, or on June 4th..I don't have an appointment with my programmer until July..I don't know how much info I will have the day of the MRI, but I will share the info that I will have with everyone

This morning..Dyskinesia lasted about a minute, maybe less, and it was very, very mild..The DBS is off, and the only thing that is stopping the dyskinesia, are the leads placed in my brain with no stimulation going to them whatsoever

I am grateful for the work the the DBS team at Beth Israel has done for me..They changed my life..And now I am hoping that whatever they find can be shared with others so that hopefully they can benefit from severe dyskinesia..They were 100% confident that in 3-5 weeks, the dyskinesia would be back, but it has been 4 months, and it is gone, and it feels to me like it's not coming back..Time will be the judge of that..I am on the same amount of pd drugs that I was on before surgery..However I get about 5 hours more on time per day

Th is is my drug regimen

150 mg Stalevo 4 times per day

25/100 Sinemet 2 times per day

.125 mg Mirapex 4 time per day

100 mg Amantadine 2 times per day

This regimen was a nightmare prior to surgery..I felt like a junkie..I couldn't live with them or without them..I used to have to go through violent dyskinesia when the were in the process of kicking in, and violent dyskinesia when they wore off a night, as well as profuse sweating and heavy breathing like I was having a heart attack ..And if I started to wear off inbetwen doses, it was hell to pay..Sometimes that was the end of my day..Just lay in bed until the morning, or sit in front of the TV like a vegetable
ScottSuff (04-05-2016)