View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 11:40 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacello View Post
Thank you littlepaw

I just have this weird symptoms, but I don't quite understand. When I sit up or stand up, I have this puffy stuff on both sides of my neck, right above the clavicles. Is that normal with TOS? This is why I have such a hard time doing anything. I feel like the puffy tissues are pressing on my nerves when I stand or move. They also press on blood vessels, because the palms of my hands turn dark red when I stand or sit. Obviously a problem with circulation. Does anyone else have these symptoms? Any way to reduce the puffy stuff? Is itinflammation in the scalene muscles? If so, does anyone know how I can reduce that?
My PT thinks it's inflammation and she suggested that I put ice on it. However I do not think that icing my scalene's is a good idea because it tightens them up. I almost feel That if I solve this problem, I could do so much more in PT and in general. Right now I even have to put Edgelow on hold...
Have you had your shoulders and posture assessed?
Reason your scalenes could be tight is because if you have forward head posture, of any sort, the scalenes automatically become super tight.
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote