View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 02:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorry View Post
i agree with ZS. It sounds unrelated to flash.

you said you have a new computer....it probably has bloatware on there installed by the vendor.

You could run ad-aware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ and see what crapware it finds..
first thing i downloaded, i have actually learned something from you. there was nothing hum a week ago, will rerun.

Quote:
Also go into CP > Admin Tools > Services > scroll down to Messenger and make sure it is disabled. If it's on automatic, double click it and choose disable from teh drop down box. You can also click the stop button to stop it..
can't find messenger in that list but it is in the right task bar. (task bar? the thingie at the bottom unless i mess it up) i tried to uninstall this and couldn't, will never ever use it. mouseover message is "not signed in"

Quote:
I'd check for spyware and poke around start > run > msconfig > startup tab to see what is loading on startup that you don't need..
next project.

Quote:
Worse comes to worse, if those ideas don't pan out, either ZS or I can do a remote assistance on your computer while online through XP and have a look around at some areas that might be causing it.
really makes me happy to have you covering my back. will go mess around and let you know.

thanks for being there.

wishing hugs and chocolate to everyone
annie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote