View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 06:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Questions

Hi Steve, I too am puzzled at your extended time period with this honeymoon like stage. But I'm sure you'e not complaining about that! I wonder what kind of device you have implanted? Is it a Medtronic or another companies device?

I can sympathize with your periods of just having to lay there and wait for relief. Right now I'm on the Duopa pump. it is a constant dose of levodopa through a PEG tube in my abdomen. I have had DBS my lead placement for the left side was marginal but effective nonetheless. I do not have any tremor, my problem is gait and balance. After numerous programming sessions over the years I felt that I had about the most relief that I was going to see from DBS.

The pump has been great! There have been a few minor problems but this is not nearly as invasive as DBS surgery. I'm very interested in what ends up happening with your DBS and whether or not your symptoms return. my DBS was at the STN site. I had bilateral placement and I've gone in for battery replacement twice.
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote