View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

With my husbands health like it is, we can't go on vacations anymore. We used to take an annual vacation with both daughters and the one girl who is married her whole family also. So there were 7 of us. We would go during the grand kids spring or fall break. Then ulcerative colitis came to live with us and a trip to the grocery store is iffy most of the time.

So this spring break daughter and family came to us and based a staycation here at our home. I know there is a big Garden of the gods out west somewhere but we have a smaller one that is still breathaking with a lot of hiking and climbing over, under and around rocks and boulders. So they went there today, yesterday was our local zoo, tomorrow is a big cave.

But boy is it tiring for us here at home. I want a nice meal for them when they get home, they forage around and get their own breakfast here and then get their own lunch wherever they are. I ave one grand daughter who is very high energy and giggles the loudest giggle all the time. The other is almost 15 and boy have the teen years hit her. You don't know if she will be part of the family or totally moody. They got here Saturday and are leaving Wednesday. I hate to say it but I will be glad to see them go. I love them so deeply but now that husbands health is like it is, our life has changed and they interrupt our routine. I think when we went on vacations I ran on adrenalin. With them gone all day I don't have that hormone to keep me going. then all of a sudden, wham. Here comes Ellie and all the energy.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (04-07-2016), Kitty (04-11-2016), Starznight (04-09-2016)