Thread: Cymbalta
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb oxide form doesn't work well, or at all basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Mrs D.

I am taking magnesium...400 mg of magnesium oxide, and calcium 600 mg 2x /day. I take atenolol for my bp and also diovan (which does have 25mg of hctz) Of course I take the b vitamins and 2800 mg/day of neuronton. I take alpha lipoic acd also.

Sometimes I thing I read something and someone says it is good and works well so I try and and now I have found myself taking 24 pillsa a day. Beforethis began 7 years ago I only took one pill a day. it just amazes me.

Dorothy
Dorothy, Magnesium Oxide does not work....please read my mag thread on
the vitamin forum:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1138
There have been studies showing very poor absorption (around 8mg for the 400mg dose) of oxide form. I have alternate suggestions on that thread that work much better. In comparison 3 oz of unsalted almonds have 270 mg of Mag available to you naturally.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote