View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 10:08 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Joe,

It is natural to get frustrated when the process of healing is so darn slow. Try to hold on to ANY improvements that you've had. ie: it is discolored slightly less or for less time in the day, swelling is improved, bone density looks better than before etc. Maybe you couldn't tolerate compression as well before...Recovery is different for everyone but my own improvements came very slowly. Sometimes I know I was just holding steady. I had muscles in my foot that were unresponsive and atrophied. That foot is still a bit smaller but is much closer to normal than before and moving well. Improvements come, just slower than anyone wants. You may need meds for a while but that doesn't necessarily mean forever. It is hard in the beginning because you don't know where you will end up. Channel your energy into taking the best care of yourself as you can.

You might consider asking your doctor about biphosphinates. These osteoporosis drugs help you lay down bone (and stop resorbing it). They also have an action with CRPS that is unknown but does help. Alendronate (fosomax) is oral and had some positive studies with CRPS. Pamidronate can be given as a one time infusion and has also been used.

Hang in there. You could get some of your activities back (maybe modified but nonetheless) so don't give up hope yet.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (04-06-2016), PurpleFoot721 (04-06-2016), RSD ME (04-07-2016), St George 2013 (04-05-2016)