View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Well I am feeling a good bit better. I've been downing copious amounts of cranberry juice since my release. And I have contacted the hospital concerning my stay with them. I was given the most heartfelt apologies for my treatment, was told, at least, that my complaint did raise a lot of concerns for the hospital and the way the staff treats patients. And of course I didn't forget to rave about the first doctor who oversaw my care nor the many wonderful nurses who also cared for me during my stay.

How much of what the hospital said was lip service and how much was true concern for what happened.... Who can ever really say. And I'm unlikely to know for sure as I will only be going to the hospital that is part of my health group from now on, even though the nearest one is a non-admitting ER which means picking up an extra tab for ambulance transport to the main hospital if I should need to be admitted in the future and am incapacitated enough to not be able to ride the extra 20-30 mins in the car down there in the first place.

But hey, I survived and will survive to see another day and I'm improving health wise so while the doctor may not have been my cup of tea, to put it mildly, at least the physical medicine she did have down and placed me on an appropriate antibiotic to speed along my recovery. And the Tordol that I sort of begged for, are now a bit excessive as I haven't had to take any beyond my first day and half- two days home. And that was after falling backwards on my porch Sunday and whacking my back against a 2 x 4, oh the nice bruise from the blood thinners and a heavy hit, just above my oh so tender infected kidney's nice one on my part.

But it's a bruise, made worse by the blood thinners, but just a bruise all the same. I'll be fine and probably end up with the bruise out living the infections. Even a master faller like me will have the occasional 'slip-up' Pun intended

But in any event, it did feel nice to have the hospital apologize, and they sent me through to like 4 different department heads to receive apologies too. There was the head of nursing, the head of the ER, the head of Admitting and then the head of administration, and I think I also got sent through to the cafeteria over the 3 hour late breakfast, which I had to tell them, no no... wasn't your fault, you had the food there, you guys were good and the food is excellent, don't change cheeseburgers oh so good, and the fresh fruit cups were delicious, as is the broccoli.
Hopeless (04-05-2016), NurseNancy (04-15-2016), SallyC (04-15-2016), St George 2013 (04-05-2016)