View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 06:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim091866 View Post
Hi Steve, I too am puzzled at your extended time period with this honeymoon like stage. But I'm sure you'e not complaining about that! I wonder what kind of device you have implanted? Is it a Medtronic or another companies device?

I can sympathize with your periods of just having to lay there and wait for relief. Right now I'm on the Duopa pump. it is a constant dose of levodopa through a PEG tube in my abdomen. I have had DBS my lead placement for the left side was marginal but effective nonetheless. I do not have any tremor, my problem is gait and balance. After numerous programming sessions over the years I felt that I had about the most relief that I was going to see from DBS.

The pump has been great! There have been a few minor problems but this is not nearly as invasive as DBS surgery. I'm very interested in what ends up happening with your DBS and whether or not your symptoms return. my DBS was at the STN site. I had bilateral placement and I've gone in for battery replacement twice.
Hi Jim..It has a lot of people puzzled..This has been beyond my wildest dream, and it has been a very good thing..All of the people who know me, and have been close to me all tell me that they all can see a big difference..Some friends of mine, and myself had a get together to watch a football game one night, and they were curious about how I was feeling, and one of my friends said the he hadn't seen me sit that still in a long time, and this particular friend's Mother had pd..He and his wife took care of her in their home during her last few years of her life, and the other guys agreed, that DBS has made some profound changes in my life..And it feels good to hear that stuff from other people

I have been curious about the pump..Do you ever go off ?..Do you ever get dyskinetic?..Is it still very expensive..Is the pump surgically implanted?

If this goes away, and I have to turn this thing on, I wonder if it will work?..I definitely feel very different than I did before surgery..This feels more permanent, but feelings are not facts

I have no idea what is going to happen to me..My MDS said that the wire placement might have caused a lesion on my brain, in which case I think the dyskinesia will never come back..Not sure about that..I have one fear..I have only had a couple of adjustments, and they made me feel weird..I realize that it was only 2, and there is a bottomless pit of things they can do..If I ever get to having to have to activate this thing, I wonder if it will work?
anagirl (04-06-2016), VICTORIALOU (04-06-2016)