View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 11:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi joe. i am so sorry you have rsd but hope you can find a dr who can provide some relief for you soon. i have had rsd for over five years now and starting having flairs after the first few years. i am always in pain from rsd but it is so much worse when i get a flair. they usually last one to two hours (though i have had a few that lasted all day). i just take my breakthru gabapentin and painmeds that my pm dr prescribes to me. i see him every three months (sometimes sooner depending on my pain levels. if he is not available then he has a back up dr to see me. if i were you i would find a pm dr who understands rsd more and can prescribe meds that may help manage your pain and flairs better. the side effects subside a bit after a few weeks and to me are well worth experiencing if it helps ease the constant burning stabbing pain i always have in due to rsd. i put the scs on the back burner as a last resort because i am afraid of getting an invasive surgery for fear of infection and more spread with rsd, but everyone has their own opinion on that. you have to do what you feel comfortable with and what works for you. whether its a new approach to manage the pain with meds or pt or a new procudure. and you should have a pm dr that you feel comfortable with too and that you know will be available on a regular basis to help manage your rsd pain because rsd is a constant pain that needs constant attention in managing it. it doesn't take any breaks so in my opinion neither should the dr who is treating you. i am not a dr and these opinions are based on my experiences with rsd. i hope whatever you do that you will find a pm dr who can help manage your rsd pain. soft hugs to you.
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (04-06-2016), PurpleFoot721 (04-06-2016)