Old 04-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamG11 View Post
Hi everyone,

Once again, been a while without an update.

So I've been on the lexapro for about 10 days now and I really haven't noticed a difference with the depersonalziation. Maybe my anxiety has gone down a bit but really not a significant difference yet. Still feel like I'm living in a dream.

Recently, my pediatrician contacted my mom and wanted an update on what is going on with everything, she told him about the copper, the DP, and how my therapist believes the symptoms are too strong to be physical.

So, hes checking for Wilson's Disease and high copper in my body! (Wilson's disease is when your body has too much copper and cannot release it. The copper can then harm you and destroy your liver and other major body parts.)

Yes, the hair analysis already showed my high copper but he believes that doesn't show enough, and wants to do his own blood and urine test.

I'm very happy about this because I think something is going to show, at least I hope so. If something does, he would be able to treat it with medication that takes out the copper in my body. He also said that when you have an copper toxicity it can cause all the symptoms I've been experiencing.

So I'll let you guys know the results as soon as I get them! Again, thank you all for being here so I can have someone to go to for support and advice.
its so great to hear Sam
your doctor is that concerned
it is good he leaves no stone unturned
be well
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (04-06-2016), OhKay (04-12-2016), PurpleFoot721 (04-06-2016), SamG11 (04-06-2016), Wren (04-06-2016)