View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 12:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Meagan,
I was diagnosed 22 years ago. I can only imagine that you are a bit overwhelmed right now. In my case it took over 9 month to get a diagnosis, so it was almost a relief for me to know what was wrong.

I just wanted to let you know that a "normal" life is perfectly possible for you, with a few adjustments.

I have been married for 35 years. It took some time and effort for us to adjust to my limitations, but I believe it can bring a couple closer together.

I had 3 young children when I was diagnosed. Since that time, I have given birth to another child. That pregnancy was more taxing than the others and I had an exacerbation during the 36 hours of labor. But on the bright side, I soon after went into a remission that lasted as long as I was breast feeding.

I believe that my children are stronger and more caring adults for having had a mom with a chronic illness. They learned learned the importance of personal responsibility and inner strength as they saw me push through the rough days. They learned how to give help lovingly and the importance of accepting help graciously.

Most importantly, they learned to be thankful for every healthy day they are given. My motto since my diagnosis is, "Dance every day that you can."

There are so many more resources available today, than there were in 1992 and the internet is a wonderful source for information and support.

I will keep you in my thoughts.
AMTrenchik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote