View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default A big comprimise for my husband and I

I was supposed to go down to Lexington Ky for my grand babies baby dedication. This is a very important part of my Church upbringing life. My husband didn't have that and sees no purpose in it. I was going to leave this Wednesday morning and come back Friday eve after supper. Well my pantry work this past weekend did me in. I did get a lot of rest Tuesday. But I still wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go. I did know that if I had to call my daughter and cancel out, I would have sit on the couch and just bawled my eyes out. I do not want MS to take that away from me. Lexington is a short 3hour drive, same intersate that leaves right from here. So it's not a complicated drive. But I was still exhausted Monday night. My husbad is one of those that sees no purpose in a woman to put herself in harms way by driving by herself on and interstate. Especially if that woman is tired.

So I told him that IF I went that it would be an abbreviated stay, leave Wednesday after lunch and come back Thursday after Luch. So I set my alarm for 10 AM Wednesday morning. Well I can have some pretty vivid dreams. Unfortunately Tuesday night I dreamt I got some IV Lasix. For those of you that don't know what that is, it is a powerful water pill only in IV form. Well, it made me literally made me get up every two hours and go to the bathroom. The power of a dream.

So about 9:15 AM on Wednesday AM, I am exhausted. I am about ready to call my daughter and cancel. But I thought that I am not, just not, going to let MS take this little trip away from me. So I went back to bed for another two hours. I felt rested but I went withought a shower. I figured my grand baby wouldn't mind. So off I went, had a good time and God provided the shower for me! And I drove up to our home right as my husband was coming from work and we went out to a nice place to eat so that he could see that I was still functioning.

I will not give in!!!!!!!!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote