View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Roxie, not to worry?

Even with a serious dose of Benedryl [75] Which should almost knock out a horse [which, I believe I am NOT] I get a HIGH from the IVIG infusions..I'm on one now as I had an infusions this AM... It's kind of like a war between the benedryl and the little IG 'nanobots' going to work and makeing things better! I would liken it to a dose of serious tranquilizer PLUS a triple cappucino .. Not only are the 'upper's' in all this working but the 'downers'? Just chill out about the whole thing and go with the whole process. Both are necessary in the long run..
Bring a good stupid book to read, one you really don't have to concentrate on as you really know what the plot is anyhow....Once you are thru the introduction phase and maybe can be infused at home...well, I have to admit, that my nurse and I, well I DOZE pretty well..she does not. And we both like the same TV shows...what more could one ask for?...My nurse I love, she's come on weekends and on holidays...All she asks for is fresh brewed coffee...and that she GETS plus snacks [we've a very limited selection] if she wants.. Think of it this way...YOU are getting SUBWAY! My hospital never varied...synthetic bagel and oatmeal or grits in the AM w/DECAF coffee...and dry turkey sandwich on white w/DECAF coffee at lunch.. Talk about boring after a few months!
So, being overly wide-awake is not an unusual reaction...I do have that tee-shirt too? So for now, I'm just waiting for you to say , GEE? Is this ? Maybe Working? part...sometimes it takes a few months..so just wait, and promise not to panic...We all know about the stress issues that make things worse..well, you are in a stressful place now...it WILL change. s - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote