View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 11:12 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash View Post
Gerry, are you fixed? Did you have any sort of whiplash injury? Also did you get your shoulder evaluated on te side of dystonia? Shoulder imbalances can cause these issues. I apologize if i am being presumptuous just trying to help.

Thanks for your input.
No whiplash; but it appeared like a muscle/vessel on the left side of my neck would bulge/protrude; eventually began to extended to my shoulder, then to my shoulder blade. It was more like spasms.

I suffered from migraines since early teens. Light especially would cause my left eye pressure; then the side of the neck ( muscle/vessel) would stiffen/protrudel. This continued until the bulge all the way from neck to the shoulder remained permanent. Some days worse than others. I did have physical therapy and manipulation to attempt to realign my neck, etc.

During an eye exam by an Ophthalmologist I was asked me if anyone had ever mentioned I had Cervical Dystonia. This was the first I had heard of this. He recommended a Neurologist at Rush Medical Center who specialized in using botox for treatment of Dystonia. She said I had a milder form of Cervical Dystonia. I had a couple of botox treatments but didn't notice any change so I stopped.

A few years ago, along with some other meds, I was prescribed Vallium. After a few months I noticed I had started to be able to lay on my left side. (I hadn't been able to do that for several years.) Valium is not only for anxiety; but muscle spasms. While I still have these issues,; they are much milder and less painful.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 04-09-2016 at 09:47 AM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote