View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 11:35 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairi View Post
Hi Billie,

I've had this joint fused (and later the next joint). I found it very straightforward.

It's definitely beneficial if you can get into a rehab facility for a couple of weeks post surgery to help with recovery, and then continue with physio for as long as you can. My surgery was 4 years ago but I still do physio at home every day. I had a soft lumbar brace for a couple of months afterwards.

I had minimal pain - I was on Endone but stopped after a couple of days post surgery. Are you having ALIF (cut is through the abdomen not the back)?

Think of it as a nice relaxing holiday - I call hospital "Club Medication" 😝 You get fed, bathed & best of all, free drugs!

Advanced OA, L cuboid/lateral cuneiform arthrodesis 2016, ALIF spinal fusions L6-S1 2013, L5-L6 2011, microdiscection L5-L6 2010, extra lumbar vertebrae, spina bifida occulta L4, bilateral carpal tunnel decompression 1997, fibromyalgia, migraines, asthma, ectopic heartbeat, essential tremors, tenosynovitis R ankle, rock n roll in a Quickie Q7
Thank you so much! I can't afford an in rehab facility and my insurance doesn't cover it. I plan on doing so much physical exercise once I am allowed too, but I am not talking right after surgery. I am talking about in a year or so. I have been overweight for too long and it won't help my back being heavy.
I am not having an ALIF. Straight through the back.
yeah, the meds in the hospital are amazing, should help with my anxiety!!
I love the term "Club Medication"!
Thanks again!
onlymedid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote