View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 11:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Billie,
I had L4-5 fusion and Laminectomy almost 10 years ago. While in the hospital, I had an IV for pain, along with medication. I was helped/pressed button to change sides, etc.; but the pain itself was not as bad as I anticipated.

While I was in the hospital I did have some physical therapy. I was told to wear my soft brace for six months; bending was a real "no no". I did use some pain meds; but overall don't recall any of this being excessively painful. The plus of the brace was a reminder not to bend. I don't remember having PE after coming home.

Wish you successful surgery. If possible; try not to imagine the pain being worse than it really is. Hopefully this will lessen your anxiety.

Gerry
not very painful? Sounds awesome to me. I don't want to be on pain meds anymore! It's been a looming time. I will try not to imagine the pain being worse. It helps to hear from others that it isn't that bad. It makes me feel better about it.
I remember the doctor saying the "BLT" no-no's. No bending, lifting or twisting.
thanks for the help! I appreciate it!
onlymedid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-10-2016)